What you’ll need
- 3 large handfuls of mixed lettuce or rocket
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup baby capers
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 6 slices of smoked salmon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
How to put it all together
- To a large bowl add the mixed lettuce, avocado, red onion and baby capers.
- Mix until combined and scatter onto a large platter.
- Cut the eggs in half and nestle them in amongst the salad.
- Roll each slice of smoked salmon up and just like you did with the egg nestle the smoked salmon in amongst the salad. You don’t have to make it look fancy, mine always ends up looking pretty rustic!
- To make the dressing, add the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to an empty jar. Pop the lid on, give it a good shake and pour the dressing over the salad.
It is now ready to enjoy!
To read more about Danielle from Food to Nourish, we suggest the following blog post: Interview Danielle Food to Nourish.