- 1 glass of besan (chickpea) flour
- 1 glass of almond meal
- 2-3 tablespoons of melted (organic) butter
- 1/2 glass of (filtered) water
- 1 slice of smoked salmon
- 1 leek
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful of ricotta cheese
- Dulse & pepper
For the dough
- Pre-heat oven for 15 minutes (200ºC)
- In a bowl, mix the besan flour and the almond meal with the melted butter. Mix with your fingers until the butter is all spread. Add the water. Add more flour if the dough is too liquid or more water if the dough is too dry. The dough should be firm and compact.
- Let the dough rest
- Rinse & steam the leek for 5 minutes
- Grease a baking tin with a little bit of butter and place the dough evenly
- Pierce the dough with a fork
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes (until the dough is slightly dry)
- Whisk the eggs with the dulse and pepper
- Take the dough out of the even
- Place the leeks on top of the dough
- Pour the eggs mix on top
- Sprinkle some salmon and ricotta on top
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it!
- The quiche is cooked when you can pick it with the point of a sharp knife coming out easily and clean.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it.
And as usual I thought a beautiful salad will go perfectly with this gluten free quiche! More nutritional information about this salad on the following blog spot Gluten Free Quiche Salad