Following my previous post Healthy wedding planning checklist 1, you soon realise that there are MANY things to organise…
This post will mainly focus on the honeymoon, body acceptance (ze white dress) and health goals as well as the long-term commitments!
6-9 months to go
Dream together. What do you both want to do? Explore? Rest? Escape? When and where would you like to go? Can you financially afford to go? What are your priorities in life?
My definition of L♥ve: It does not matter where you are or what you do. Whatever matters is who you are with…
Looking into passport, visas, special meals requirements or vaccinations will avoid any additional stress later on. Learning to minimize stress levels before the big day is essential! Planning early is not a bad idea either as it can become a big expense quickly. Moreover keep in mind personal and professional commitments you and your close family might have.
Body Acceptance & Health Goals
- The White dress. Passing on a few dresses early will help you adjust your health/weight goals. Don’t become obsessed with the dress and be aware that you might not look like the girl in the catalogue/website. It is ok. I believe it is more important to find a dress that has your personality. It is your dress, body and choice. Listen to your gut feeling before saying yes to the dress 😉
- Think SMART goals. Small, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic within a certain Timing. The white dress is an excellent way to get motivated along the way! For instance, keep a picture of it on your phone and reassess your goals regularly. I found my dress really early. It has travelled crossed the country with us and sits quietly in our bedroom or living room. It is so normal that we don’t even pay attention to it anymore. Nevertheless when I feel overwhelmed or distracted I might pass it on to keep me motivated 🙂 Seeking the support of a nutrition specialist might be really helpful to keep you on track.
- Don’t be too harsh with yourself. Work with your body, not against it. Body acceptance and self-confidence will definitely make you feel and look gorgeous on your special day. Finding a good photographer, videographer, hairdresser or makeup artist that listen to your expectations is just a bonus.
Think long-term commitments
Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Healthy eating and living suggestions can help you feel better and look better on your special day. Think nutrients instead of calories. Nourish your body so it will support you in times of stress. Eat a little bit of everything in moderation and adapt your portion sizes if necessary. If you eat healthy now, you will reap the health benefits later on in life not only on your wedding day. Foods rich in magnesium, vitamin C or protein are important to assist your nervous system and balance your blood sugar levels.
Keep in mind that a ‘healthy outside starts from the inside’. Robert Urich
- After all, you are just supposed to get married for the rest of your life… So think healthy DNA for your little ones and better state of mind to cope with the wedding planning. Make sure to get some rest, reduce stimulants (caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, trans fats, refined sugars, …) and find some time to switch off. In my humble opinion general health is more important that wedding preparation… Try to put things into perspective whenever possible and remember to breathe.
- Happy couples. Observe or speak with them but remember that every relationship is special and different. You might pick up a few useful tips or learn from their mistakes.
‘Happiness is always an inside job’ 🙂
To be continued…