I was rather clumsy in the kitchen when preparing this dessert. This beautiful dish cost me a broken plate and burned hand but it was totally worth it. Thanks God I braved the elements and survived the harsh conditions so we can enjoy this vegan treat.
On top of that it is full of super foods and nutrients!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of almond meal
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup of whole spelt flour
- ¼ cup of egg replacer
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut nectar or sweet spread
- 1 tablespoon of Maca powder
- 1 tablespoon of brazil nut powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 organic apple cut in small pieces
- 1 handful of sultanas
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (if your baking tray requires greasing)
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes – 200° Celsius
- In a powerful blender, mix all ingredients in the above order – except the apple and sultanas.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil if necessary
- Place the apples and sultanas at the bottom of the baking tray
- Pour the mix on top of it
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes
- Let the clafouti cool down
- Serve with fresh fruits. It is also pretty good after being kept in the fridge overnight with some almond milk.
Want to know a bit more these ingredients?
- Maca Powder is an Inca Super food that contains more than 20 amino acids, essential fatty acids as well as a wide range of minerals and vitamins. The Maca Powder is made with pure dry Maca root powder.
- Brazil Nut Powder has a very high protein content and low fat content. Really easy to digest, it is also a good source of omega 3 and 6. This product is also imported from Peru.
- Both products are organic and fair trade certified to conserve the Amazon Jungle.
- Egg replacer is ideal for baking, filling, batters and custards when you cannot have eggs. It is made without: soy, gluten, wheat, dairy, egg or yeast. Perfect when you need to be vegan like me for 7 weeks (more on that here: vegan meal suggestions). You can make your own egg replacer or buy it. The product I chose was made with potato starch, tapioca flour, calcium carbonate, citric acid and vegetable gum. For the equivalent of one whole egg, you add one teaspoon of replacer and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Coconut nectar or sweet spread is a mix of organic coconut, extra virgin coconut oil and nectar. You get all the benefits of the coconut and the sweetness of the nectar.
If you have any question about this recipe or the ingredients I used, do not hesitate to leave a comment below or reach me via:
If you want to read more sweet recipes, have a look here: Healthy Sweet Recipes